Pietro Bazzanti, Marble Bust
Pietro Bazzanti, born in 1775, lived in via della Carraia , the current stretch of Borgo San Frediano from via dei Serragli to Piazza San Frediano. Subsequently, he moved to an apartment above the shop in via del Parione at number 13. It was formed in the sculpture of the Bozzolini sculpture that he discovered, continuing the production of high artistic replicas of ancient statuary: in the census of the Florentine population of 1841 declares "makes statues of sculpture" . His son, Niccolò Bazzanti, was also a well-known sculptor. He was born in 1802 and died in 1869. In 1822 he won a prize for two sketches at the Academy of Fine Arts, where he graduated in 1824 starting his independent activity, continuing to collaborate with his father Peter. In 1840 he was appointed by the Academy "Academic Professor of Sculpture in the First Class of Arts and Design". In 1834 he sculpted the plastic decoration of the palace that publisher Vincenzo Batelli was made in 1831-1832 in via Sant'Egidio at number 12. The project included the decoration of the facade with the statues of the four seasons performed by the Bazzanti, all disappeared during the last war. Niccolò was also commissioned in 1834 to carve, together with other artists, the series of 28 statues of the "Illustri Toscani Men" for the Uffizi Loggia. The public subscription to finance the operation was not successful, so Niccolò Bazzanti made only the statue of the Orcagna . Niccolò also celebrated the beautiful marble replicas of the Medici and Apollino Venues for the furnishing of the Revoltella palace in Trieste . In the seventies of the nineteenth century Niccolò gave the tunnel to his employee Thompson. In the mid-1930s the Thompson ceded the tunnel to his employee Biagioli. In 1960, it was bought by the Marinelli family, who set up the sculpture studio and flanked the marbles with the famous bronzes produced by their Artistic Foundry. For the historic workshop it was a new course marked by managerial management able to control the artistic quality of the works more rigorously and to organize more comprehensive export assistance. In addition, the nineteenth-century models inherited by the old owners were added to those of the large foundry gypsum board.
Other items that may interest you from: Paliotti SL - PALIOTTI SL
All items in the category: Stone and marble sculputers
antiquario Mobili del Passato srl 19th Century Italian A. Cipriani Carrara Marble Bust signed 40000€